Monday, February 4, 2008

Hubby and I have very similar views on how to raise kids, where we want to live and opinions on many things that affect our lives....but there are so many things that drive me to the point of .... I take it anymore.

One of the hardest parts of being married has been dealing with in-laws. Don't get me wrong they have so many good points but the issues that cause problems are ones that need to be dealt with. I feel it is hubbys place to say things as they are his parents. There are issues or things that shouldn't have been said, but he is used to them and just ignores it and says nothing.The problem with this is if things are not dealt with or changed, it turns into anger and upset that is sitting in my soul and they eat away at me.

I am the first one to admit I am naive.....the way I think things should be, is not the way things are. I always though the great thing about grandparents is their roles. The only job they have is to provide unconditional love and support to their grandkids.When J moved out and was making some inconsiderate choices. He chose not to do things with the family, my opinion normal teenage behaviour.

In sept was his birthday....you would assume his aunty and grandparents would still buy him a gift or a card a phone call.....nothing.Hubby's response to his family's actions, well J’s never around.He's a kid not an adult, they are the adults should they have least called him?

I am not sure why this is bothering me sooo much today, maybe having second thoughts on telling mom about what J did now. I don't want them telling anyone about it or judging him. The worst thing in all this not only am I still upset with them I am angry/hurt that hubby didn't say anything ...it is his son!!! Like he feels this is o.k. Yet I know they wouldn't do this to any of the other grandkids.It just makes me sick that they are teaching him...when you make mistakes or if you are a lost your family bails on you.

1 comment:

shay said...

it's so hard when people let us down.
Is it impossible for you to say anything? Sometimes people just don't realize? They don't know how to respond so they just don't.

I know I do this sometimes with my bro and it bothers my mom. it doesn't mean I don't love him, just that I'm not sure how to connect with his lifestyle right now.